Info for Week 2 of ePortfolios for Artists @LBSU. This week we get a quick look at everyone's work and start reading our book, Public Parts by Jeff Jarvis.
Our class week runs from Monday morning to Sunday night. Here's what you should finish by Sunday night, 28 Jan '18:
- Buy the book: Public Parts by Jeff Jarvis (available in paperback in the Main Campus Bookstore. Other versions also exist: eBook & AudioBook - The AudioBook is pretty cool - besides being able to "read" it while you drive or workout, it's read by the author, so you'll get his nuances as he reads)
- Buy a package of 4x6" index cards so you can "Draw Your ID Card" once a week and turn it in for attendance.
- Join our Slack Team
- If you don't have a LinkedIn account, make one.
- If you don't have a public Instagram, either make an additional IG or set your current one to public. As we discussed in class, it's a good idea to have a Personal IG that can be private or public and can have all your personal content and a Professional IG that can be public and accessible by anyone interested in your work.
- Go to the #sketch-my-site channel on Slack and post 3 things: 1: a photo of your work, 2: your LinkedIn URL, 3: Your Public IG URL. You'll use these on Monday or Wednesday when you introduce yourself to the class.
- Check the finals schedule! As I mentioned in class, I'm guessing that the Wednesday section will have to join the Monday section's final. Please check both final times against your other classes and LMK on our Slack #final channel which of the 2 finals are clear for you. Final info and links:
- Final: Section 1: Friday 18 May '18, 12:30PM - 2:30PM
- Final: Section 2: Wednesday 16 May '18, 12:30PM - 2:30PM
- CSULB Finals Schedule
If you have any questions about any of the above or need any help with anything, just shout. You can send me a Private Slack IM, or post in the Slack #general channel, or IM me on LinkedIn, or if all else fails, you can email me!
It was great almost meeting everyone last week. I say almost because I talked the whole time last week! This week it's your turn. We'll devote the 45 minutes of the F2F part of our class to introductions. We'll go around the room and give everyone 2-3 minutes to:
- Tell us about yourself
- About your work
- About your goals
- Show us 1 image of your work (pre-posted on Slack)
- Share your LinkedIn & Instagram URL's (pre-posted on Slack)
- Follow each other on LinkedIn & Instagram (be sure to bring a laptop, tablet, or phone, so you can follow your classmates as they present)
Other items for Week 2:
- Turn in 4x6" "ID Card".
- Read Chapter 1 of Public Parts and discuss it on the #public-parts channel on Slack.
Next week we'll start in on photographing your work with your Phone, Mirrorless, or DSLR Camera. TA Julie will lead a class on simple ways to get good images of your 2D, 3D, or other work.
In case anyone missed it, here's my Welcome to Art 490 video:
Wednesday class, 1st week.