Welcome to Week B4
aka “Week 7” for the rest of the campus
- SOA Artist conversation
- OC Artist Chris Jordan (the photographer)
- Critique of your art activity from last week (Landscapes with a Corpse or Environmental Portrait)
- Monday – we’ll be at the SOA Galleries looking at work and having a conversation with an artist.
- Wednesday – we’ll all meet in PH1-140 to critique our work from last week. Please bring 4 paper copies of your project from last week. Full details on our Critique page!
All points (Weeks B1-B3) are now up on BeachBoard! Be sure to check your points to know where you stand!
We’ve had 201 points possible so far. Here’s how many points you should have to be on track for each grade level, and how many peeps are currently there:
- A: 180 points – 80 peeps
- B: 160 points – 18 peeps
- C: 140 points – 8 peeps
- D: 120 points – 3 peeps
- F: 119 & below – 11 peeps
Current class GPA = 3.275
We’re already 1/3 through our middle 10 weeks. As you can see, lots of your are working at “A” pace – keep up the great work! For those of you at the other end of the grading alphabet, you’re running out of time to turn it around. In another week-and-a-half we’ll be half-way through our middle quarter and it will be nearly impossible to climb out of an underwater position. Try to turn things around starting today! If you have any questions or need help with anything, LMK!
Here’s the Art 110 Top 10 for Week 4:
- Iileene Medrano, 209
- Daniel Mittelstein, 204
- Hugo Lopez, 203
- Duong Pham, 203
- Omar Escobar, 202
- Jessica Teng, 202
- Daisy Benitez DeLeon, 202
- Kimberly Burton, 201
- Dahlia Hernandez, 201
- Cesilia Arambula, 201
Awesome work everyone! Congrats & thank you!
Coming soon – some samples of the SOA Artist & OC Artist essays you’ve been writing!
EC – ArtWalks
Two large Artist’s Colonies in Downtown Los Angeles are having free, open studio Art Walks this weekend & next:
You can go to either (or both). Look around the facility. Talk to some artists. Ask questions about their work and about Santa Fe/The Brewery. Write a 4-paragraph-or-so paper and include a few pix of the artwalk and yourself there. Up to +35 EC for Santa Fe, and up to +35 EC for The Brewery.