- There is no paper textbook to buy.
- Your smartphone is your textbook.
The CSULB Art Store located in FA3 (Fine Art Building 3) has put together an Art Kit for us. It’s got all the things you need in a handy bucket that you can also use for the plaster casting activity.
- Price: $74.25 & the Art Store pays the tax for you!
Week 1 – Plaster Casting
- 4# Box of Plaster of Paris
- Metal Hand Shovel
- Stir Stick
- Cheap 1″ paint brush (optional)
Attendance – Starting Week 2, and every Wednesday
- 4×6 index cards
Week 4 – Graffiti Writing
Week 5 – Automatic Drawing
- Large Sheet of paper – around 22×30″
- Board to tape it to (board Not included in Art Kit)
- 3 Nupastel Sticks in assorted colors
Week 6 – Sketching
- Drawing / Sketching paper
- “Draughting Pencil” (can also try Pastels from Automatic Drawing)
Week 9 – Art Care Package
- 12 x 15-1/2 tyvek envelope (or a box if you prefer)
- Ephemera chosen by student (ephemera Not included in Art Kit)
Week 12 – Finger Painting
- Large sheet of paper – around 22×30″
- 3 non-toxic paints
Whatever materials you might need to realize your vision on various Activities. Mostly no-cost or low-cost stuff you can find around the house.