2D Art: Painting
Spray Paint your name in Bubble Letters, 2 colors
You can paint anywhere that’s legal! A piece of cardboard or plywood in your back yard is great. Occasionally someone’s parents will let them paint their garage door or backyard wall.
Optional Location: Venice Art Walls
At the Venice Art Walls you can:
- Paint your name
- See other painting, from beginner classmates to some awesome murals by pros
- Sun, Sand, Surf, Palm Trees
- Art Walls, Skate Park, Basketball Courts, Muscle Beach are all next to each other
- Eclectic mix from rich & famous artists (Digital Domain, Chiat Day, Frank Gehry, Claes Oldenburg, Jonathan Borofsky, Mark DiSuvero) to starving artists selling paintings on the Venice Boardwalk for $5!
- Cheap Slices of Giant Pizza
If you do go out to Venice, there’s a little EC you can do while you’re there. You can visit Small World Books just across the boardwalk from the Venice Art Walls. You can also visit LA Louvre art gallery (Art Gallery open Saturday, closed Sunday). Also, since so many of you have skateboards, you might like to know that the Venice Skate Park is right next to the Art Walls! I’ll give you EC for a photo of you skating in the Venice Skate Park!
- +10 EC for a photo of you holding a zine at the Zine Rack at the entrance to Small World Books. Just add this photo to your Graffiti Writing activity post.
- +20 EC for a photo of you skating in the Venice Skate Park. Just add this photo to your Graffiti Writing activity post. (by Skating in the Skate Park I don’t mean a photo of you standing on a board on the sidewalk. I mean in the actual skate park. The “swimming pools”. You should be moving. Catching at least a tiny bit of air would be nice.)
- +30 EC for a blog post of your visit to LA Louvre gallery. Be sure one of your photos is of you in the gallery!
BTW, everything is free. Unless you want to buy a zine or book of course. Zines are cheap! $2-5! 😀 And parking. Street parking is free if you’re willing to walk enough blocks. Or $15 to park super-close. And food if you’re hungry. Kettle Corn, Cheep Pizza, Poke Bowls, etc.
- LA Louvre art gallery – open 10-6 on Saturday, closed Sunday
- Small World Books – 10-8, 7 days
- Venice Skate Park – 8-7 everyday, except Sunday 10-4
- Venice Art Walls: 1800 Ocean Front Walk, Venice CA 90291
- Venice Skate Park: 1800 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291
- Small World Books: 1407 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291
- LA Louvre gallery: 45 North Venice Blvd., Venice, CA 90291
div class=”alert-box notice”>When?
The Art Walls are NOT open weekdays!
The Art Walls are Open Sat & Sun from 10am to 1/2 hour before sunset.
• <a href=”http://veniceartwalls.com/[Venice Art Walls.com